Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend....


What a crazy, busy Memorial Day weekend. My husband, who I will call MXPilot (as he is obsessed with Motocross...weird, I know)....Anyway....
MXPilot and I went up to my parents home for the holiday. The route from Rochester to my parent's log home takes a solid 7 hours of drive time. YIKES! We headed up there on Friday afternoon and quickly got stuck in TERRIBLE traffic. The 7 hour trip turned into a 9 1/2 hour trip. Quality time together!

Since we were going to be up there for 3 days, I knew that I needed to pack up my sewing machine to work on a few projects! Well....I pretty much emptied my entire sewing room into the car. I had fabric, interfacing, thread, and projects needing hand stitching packed to the car ceiling. Good thing we don't have children to make the packing nightmare even worse!

I was so glad that I had all my sewing "necessities" with me because I actually got a lot accomplished! I made a few bags, MXPilot helped me cut out lots of bibs, and I finished the dreaded stack of hand stitching!

The most important project of the weekend was finishing a tote bag for my mother. When I first saw the fabric used in the bag, I wasn't excited about it. Kinda bland and boring for my taste...but I knew my mom would LOVE IT! (Side note...my mom isn't bland and boring at all....she is actually quite hip! AND...she just finished a half marathon! GO Mom!). My mom wears a lot of neutral colors, khaki, etc....so I knew this fabric would be perfect! I was so so so pleased with how it turned out! The pictures don't even do the bag justice! It was absolutely stunning! Best of all, my mom thought it was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment